Here are 10 general mindfulness exercises for when you are working.
1. Engage yourself in your work as if your job depends on it.
2. Become the best at what you do, not the best at gabbing around the office.
3. If you finish a project early, review your work and look for ways to improve upon it.
4. A big project is filled with small tasks, which may seem menial and/or tedious, but remember that the large project can only come together through the doing of the small tasks. Do them well.
5. Learn from your co-workers by asking the right questions.
6. If you are becoming overwhelmed by your workload, consider coming to work early. A quiet office very early in the morning can be quite refreshing and may be a nurturing atmosphere for productivity.
7. An afternoon walk outside may provide a solution to that problem you are trying to work out and the stimuli may help, too.
8. Build your work competencies daily by asking questions and learning as much as you can about your current position.
9. The better you are at what you do, the more meaningful your work will be.
10. From CL wisdom, “Do the NOW well.”
Please help me expand this list. What techniques for mindful working work for you?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Mindfulness training busts stress (cnn.com)
- The Practice of Mindfulness (digitaldoorway.blogspot.com)
- Mindfulness Meditation (realnutritionsupplement.blogspot.com)